Sunday 25 March 2012

Puzzle #102: Penta Sight

This pentomino variant is a bit like a mix between Pentopia and Kurodoku puzzles. It currently leans a bit more towards Pentopia, because it implements a no touching rule. I could also make it lean a bit more to Kurodoku and allow diagonal touching and have all white cells form a single contiguous area. But I'll leave that for another try. I might make a seperate rules page if I try this again. Just like to see how people like it now.

Rules:

Place a number of different pentomino pieces in the grid. Rotations and reflections are considered the same piece. The pieces aren't allowed to touch eachother, not even diagonally. The numbers in the grid indicate how many white cells can be seen from that cell in all horizontal and vertical directions, including the cell itself. Pentomino pieces block their sight.


1 comment:

  1. I like this one. Took a while to get used to the logic, but smooth sailing after that. I liked the way the diagonal-non-touch rule came into play, but I think it'd be interesting the other way you suggested too.

    ReplyDelete